CASES OF NOTE in which TODD B. STONE has been counsel in both STATE AND FEDERAL COURT include:
- The "Stealth Bandit" case in the City of Richmond (named by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and Style Magazine for the manner in which the "Stealth Bandit" pulled off multiple bank robberies undetected)
- The "Dog Pound" murders (a series of gang style murders in the City of Richmond)
- The "Fan Serial Rapist" (convicted for multiple rapes and sexual assaults on men and women in the fan area of the City of Richmond)
- The Nations Bank takeover bank robbery and murder trial in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Southside arson and capital murder trial of 2001, in the City of Richmond
TELEVISION "LEGAL ANALYST" Todd B. Stone is called regularly as a "legal analyst" on network television to discuss cases of public interest. Some of the cases Stone has appeared as a "legal analyst" include: Martha Stewart, Scott Peterson, Washington area snipers (Mohammad and Malvo), Michael Jackson and Kobe Bryant.
AWARDS: In 1999, United States Attorney General, Janet Reno awarded Todd B. Stone the Director's Award for his work in the prosecution of a major capital murder/bank robbery case in Federal Court. Stone was cross-designated as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. Additionally, Stone has won awards from the FBI, the United States' Attorneys' Office and numerous other agencies.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Todd B. Stone serves on the Board of Directors of the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Virginia affiliate of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. The VACDL is a statewide organization of attorneys whose practice is primarily focused on the representation of those accused of criminal violations.
COMMITMENT TO CLIENTS: Todd B. Stone knows what you are up against because he has extensive experience on the other side of the Courtroom. Initially a criminal defense and plaintiff's attorney, Todd B. Stone sought out the trial experience that only the prosecutor's office could offer. During his tenure as a prosecutor in Harrisonburg and the City of Richmond, Stone was promoted from Assistant Attorney to Senior Assistant and ultimately to Deputy Attorney. As a Deputy Attorney, Stone supervised other prosecutors and headed the violent crimes unit. As a prosecutor in Henrico County, Stone prosecuted long-term drug conspiracies and served as the Special Counsel to the Multi-jurisdiction Grand Jury for the Counties of Chesterfield, Henrico & Hanover and the City of Richmond.
After more than seven years prosecuting virtually every type of criminal case, from Reckless Driving to Capital Murder, Stone came back to his roots as a criminal defense attorney. He now uses that unique experience of prosecuting to defend those who are charged with all criminal offenses, including Drug and Alcohol Offenses, Embezzlement, Fraud, Larceny, Murder/Manslaughter, Felonious and Misdemeanor Assault, Robbery, Breaking and Entering Abduction/Kidnapping, Tax Evasion and White Collar Fraud, Sex Offenses, Trespass, Property Damage, Forgery and Uttering, Concealed Weapon and Firearms Offenses, Arson Offenses, and all other types of Criminal Offenses in both State and Federal Court.
Additionally, the trial experience from both sides of the courtroom is invaluable when representing those who are injured by someone else's negligent or intentional acts.
Todd B. Stone earned a B.S. in Business Management at East Carolina University and then continued his education at the University of Richmond. Mr. Stone earned both his Law Degree (Juris Doctor) and his Master of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Richmond in 1991.
Having been on the other side of the Courtroom, Todd B. Stone, knows what you are up against.
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors
- Richmond Criminal Bar
- Richmond Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Virginia State Bar (admitted)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (admitted)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia (admitted)
For additional information about Todd Stone click on the link below.